Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Powdered

What a better way to start my blog that telling the wonderful story of my avarage day on Tuesday. (Yes, I know avarage is spelled wrong, I'm doing it on purpose... you'll see why in a minute)

So I had a Cookie Lee event on Monday night (Yes, I sell Cookie Lee and will pimp it out whenever possible) I was out late, if you count 10:30 late, which you probably don't if you are under 25 sans children, but I am not and so I do. More importantly my husband does since he was home alone (gasp) with all three angels while I was gone. I came home and nursed the baby and put him down for the night, we are sleep training him so sleep is sparatic at best already....

Fast forward to 6:30 am Tuesday morning, Mikah comes in to wake me, which is already a bad sign as I typically get up at 6:00 to wake her for school every morning, to tell me that Ava has the baby powder (Get the name now?) I in my sleepy stupor roll back over and catch another 30 min of sleep. In retrospect this was a horrible decision. As I stumble out of bed and into the hallway, this is what I see.
Well not this specifically there was also a naked two year old covered completely in baby powder, and slightly to the right a 5 month old laughing also covered in baby powder, and a 7 year old skating through the "snow" I manage to yell "OH MY!" And hear my equally sleepy husband stumbling out of bed to find out why I yelled. The unclothed powder covered toddler looks innocently up at me and sweetly smiles, then she notices the flames dancing in my eyes and her sweet face turns worried, and says "It's ok mommy." Dave stumbles to my side and she repeats "Daddy, tell Mommy it's ok." Daddy without a word snatches up the clothe-less albino and tosses her into the shower. I slept in too long and need to leave immediately to get the older powder skater to school on time.I fight my way through the cloud of talc and head to the school.

I come home and my wonderful husband has swept up the piles on the floor. As I returned he gave me a sneaky kiss and escaped to enjoy his day of solving the worlds problems, leaving me near tears in a house completely covered in a layer of baby powder. At least the two small goblins have been cleaned off. So I set them up with the television (Thank you PBS! It almost made me want to make a donation, but then I remembered you are a government indoctrination program and I left my wallet in my purse.) I re sweep, then I pull out my rainbow vacuum, and praise the Lord for that thing! Seriously how I would have ever gotten it all clean with a normal vacuum is beyond me. I moved all the furniture and vacuumed, then I pulled out the steam mop (shout out to shark!) . You would think I was done then but no. Then I had to take everything off every counter, shelf and ledge in the living room dining room and kitchen, dust each item and then clean the counters too. This put more powder on the ground so I had to repeat the sweep, vacuum, mop, formula. Ugh so that's not too bad right? I had it all cleaned up by 9am, whew I got this! Let's go outside and play, get this energy out!

Oh, wait the boy has pooped. I change him (which after two girls is a blog all onto itself) and can hear Ava giggling and hear water running, ugh what now? As I sit on the floor I think do I really want to even know what is going on? So I struggle to get up because my knee still isn't working, but we have government health care, yay! And I find Ava washing all her mermaids hair, oh and her own. She is covered in shampoo.
So into the tub we go, and why not throw Titus in there too and get everyone clean!
Ok now everyone is clean again, the house is clean, but we have missed outside play time. But they had bath time play time so that's ok. It's Titus' nap time whew one kid down. Ava and I cuddle up on the recliner and I put Phineas and Ferb on wrap her up in my arms and start to pass out. Then the doorbell rings. Dang it I completely forgot that housing is suppose to come today and fix our floors. How do they propose to fix them? With an extremely loud nail gun. Waking the sleeping baby...

Praise the Lord for my bestie Meg, who rescued my day by taking me to Happy Quilt and McDonalds!


My Happy Place!

1 comment: